The 1st Conference of the European Association on Quality Control of Bridges and Structures – EUROSTRUCT2021 – will take place on from August 29 to September 1, 2021 at University of Padova, Italy. The conference aims at providing an international forum for promoting the worldwide exchange of knowledge and experience in quality control and improvement of bridges and structures. The Conference is thus targeted to attendees from academia and industry, who will have the opportunity to increase their network through a set of social events.
Padova claims to be the oldest city in northern Italy, since it was founded according to Virgil’s Aeneid in 1183 BC by the Trojan prince Antenor. The city is picturesque, with a dense network of arcades streets opening into large squares, and many ancient bridges and walls close to the Bacchiglione river. Attendees will have the opportunity to increase their network through a set of social events.
On behalf of EUROSTRUCT2021, we look forward to welcome you to Padova for this promising event.
- Increase knowledge of existing bridges and structures;
- Discuss the topics of structural reliability, robustness, risk and resilience for existing bridges and structures;
- Propose new methodologies and technologies for improving quality and sustainability of existing bridges and structures;
- Support different stakeholders through the use of advanced tools on their decision process.
- Testing and advanced diagnostic techniques for damage detection in existing bridges and structures;
- Structural Health Monitoring and AI, IoT and Machine Learning for data analysis of existing bridges and structures;
- Fiberoptics and smart sensors for long-term SHM of existing bridges and structures;
- Structural reliability, risk, robustness, redundancy and resilience for existing bridges and structures;
- Corrosion models, fatigue analysis and impact of natural and man-made hazards on infrastructure components of existing bridges and structures;
- Bridge and Asset Management Systems, and decision-making models of existing bridges and structures;
- Life-Cycle Analysis, retrofit and service-life extension, Risk Management Protocols of existing bridges and structures;
- Quality Control Plans, sustainability, green materials of existing bridges and structures.
The Organizing Committee strongly believes in the possibility of organizing the conference at the end of August on-site in Padova. However, the final decision on how the conference will take place will depend on the progress of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently working on alternative solutions to provide attendees with almost the same possibilities of an on-site event. In case of a possible on-site event, we will guarantee a combined on-site and virtual mode to allow participants who cannot come to Padova to attend the conference virtually.
During the Conference, participants will be given the opportunity to perform quick COVID-19 tests before accessing the conference. The service will be guaranteed for 2 hours a day, from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday. COVID-19 tests are strongly recommended but not mandatory. The entire event will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Italian law on prevention at COVID-19.
Please indicate in the “Notes” section of the registration form the paper IDs linked to the registration.
NEWSTechnical Program now available here!
Technical Tour information available here!
Presentation template available here!
Social Events registration deadline is August 27, 2021.
Early bird & authors registration deadline extended to June 15, 2021.
Awards information available.
New deadline for full paper submission.
Prof. Dan Frangopol is the 3rd announced keynote speaker.
Prof. Paolo Gardoni is the 2nd announced keynote speaker.
EuroStruct 2021 Venue is now online.
1st keynote speaker announced - Prof. Joan R. Casas.