The objective of the EUROSTRUCT Training School Padova is the exchange of knowledge and experience in quality control, to encourage awareness and responsibility of structural engineers towards the needs of society, and to encourage actions necessary for progress of quality control in bridges and structures.
The school aims at teaching the most recent developments on performance indicators and performance goals, focusing on the training on some contemporary topics around this field.
In this training school participants will be familiarized with some contemporary topics and will introduce them to a range of bridge management, inspection, performance indicators and assessment approaches along with a clear idea around the different aspects of risk. The summer school will provide targeted training for doctoral researchers in these topics, including hands-on problem-solving sessions. Participants will be able to use the knowledge and training for their research and are expected in future to influence how they interact with and contribute to the risk and management aspects of roadway bridges.
The event is organised by the EuroStruct association and University of Padova, Department of Civil, Environment and Architectural Engineering.
Venue: University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Time: 1 – 3 September 2021
Capacity: 10-25 trainees
In-Person Price: 350 € per person (Bank Transfer – IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 5533 2120 0016 3 // Swift: BBPIPTPL)
Trainers list of experts:
- Prof. José Matos, Department of Civil Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Minho, Portugal
- Prof. Joan Ramon Casas, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
- Dr. Irina Stipanović, Faculty of Engineering Technology, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Eng. Amir Kedar, Kedmor Engineers, Israel
- Dr. Roland Kromanis, Faculty of Engineering Technology, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Dr. Mariano Angelo Zanini, University of Padova, Department of Civil, Environment and Architectural Engineering, Padova, Italy
- Dr. Flora Faleschini, University of Padova, Department of Civil, Environment and Architectural Engineering, Padova, Italy
This workshop tries to harmonize a common decision-making framework through practical examples acknowledging the differences that may exist for practical implementation. The hands-on approach of the case studies and methodologies are expected to create an in-depth understanding around decision-making approaches for bridges and promote a healthy discussion around the needs, approaches and interpretation of information obtained from individual bridges and bridge networks. Rationalizing the process of arriving at safe and efficient management of bridge assets will also be focused on in this training school.
The training school attempts to:
- Provide practical and modern tools and impart them on the trainees
- Act as a formal platform for dialogue, discussion and consensus-development of bridge networks for trainees with diverse technical and experiential backgrounds
- Increasing the impact of research on policy makers, regulatory bodies and national decision makers as well as the private sector.
The training school addresses the core value of EUROSTRUCT by promoting tangible and meaningful interaction among engineers, owners, inspectors and researchers to arrive at an EU-wide approach for managing the performance and safety of its bridges and the connection of such approaches to how such maintenance and management is carried out at a global level.
Registration deadline: 15 August 2021