The objective of the EUROSTRUCT Training School, hosted by the Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute (ZAG), Department of Structures, Section for Bridges and Other Civil Engineering Structures, is the exchange of knowledge and experience in quality control, to encourage awareness and responsibility of structural engineers towards the needs of society, and to encourage actions necessary for the progress of quality control in bridges and structures.
In this training school, trainees will elevate their expertise in bridge inspection, structural health monitoring, structural safety analysis, and bridge life cycle management at the prestigious EUROSTRUCT Training School.
Join us in Ljubljana, Slovenia, from October 17-20, 2023, as we bring together young researchers, professionals, and decision-makers to explore groundbreaking advancements in bridge engineering:
- Comprehensive Digital Bridge Inspection;
- Next-Generation Health Monitoring for Structures;
- Structural Safety Analysis;
- Smart network level decision making.
Immerse yourself in the Slovenian-based experience, gaining invaluable insights into:
- Digital inspection technologies, like Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and digital models;
- Innovative Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) techniques, including soft-load testing with Bridge Weigh-In-Motion (B-WIM) systems and structural model updating based on measured response;
- Bridge assessment strategies for existing bridges, considering traffic, hydrodynamic loads and scour, and seismic loads.
Trainees will also engage with and use essential tools such as:
- Structural analysis using FEM models (e.g. Midas Civil);
- On-site experience in bridge inspection and SHM living-lab facilities;
- Analysis of SHM data to support bridge assessment analysis using DewesoftX and Python software.
Connect with fellow trainees in hands-on problem-solving sessions and use the knowledge gained in your daily practice and research projects. Shape the future of bridge management together.
Venue: Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute, Dimičeva ulica 12, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Dates: 17 – 20 October 2023
Capacity: 15 – 25 trainees
Fee: 400 € per person
Learn from renowned lecturers:
- Dr. Irina Stipanovic, University of Twente (Decision-making framework for BMS);
- Dr. Aleš Žnidarič, Director of ZAG, with ZAG “bridge” team Dr. Andrej Anžlin, Dr. Mirko Kosič, Dr. Maja Kreslin and Doron Hekič (bridge assessment using SHM data);
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Robert Klinc, University of Ljubljana (Digitalization in the built environment);
- Asst. Prof. Luke Prendergast, University of Nottingham (scour of bridges);
- Prof. Dr. Tatjana Isaković, University of Ljubljana (seismic design of bridges).
Don’t miss this opportunity to revolutionize your bridge quality control skills.
Secure your spot now!
Registration deadline: 2 October 2023.